Master's Level Studies
Trinity Bible School currently offers the following studies on the Master's level:
Master of Arts in Theology
This is a 36 hour program of study that costs a total of $1,199.90 (USD) in tuition (this does not include the cost of books). In order to enter the program, students must provide proof of both high school graduation (or equivalent) and a bachelor's degree. These documents must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you do not have these entry requirements, see "Advanced Diploma" below). The program is expected to take approximately 18 months for completion; however, students may study at any pace. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, students will be awarded a Master of Arts in Theology Degree.
Advanced Diploma in Theology
This program has NO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. It is exactly the same as the program for Master of Arts with a few notable exceptions.
- There are no entry requirements
- Upon completion, students will receive an Advanced Diploma in Theology
- The Capstone is OPTIONAL for this program. Should you choose to complete the Capstone, your diploma will include the words, "with distinction." The total cost for the program without the Capstone is $899.91 (USD) and with the Capstone it will be $1,199.90 (prices do not include the cost of books).
- BIB501 - Old Testament Survey 1: Genesis to Esther
- BIB502 - Old Testament Survey 2: Job to Malachi
- BIB503 - New Testament Survey
- THE520 - The One True God
- THE521 - Soteriology
- THE522 - Hamartiology
- THE523 - Pneumatology
- THE524 - Eschatology
- THE525 - World Religions
- CAP590 - Capstone (Optional for Advanced Diploma candidates)
Recommendation for Course Scheduling: Due to the extensive reading requirements of the Bible survey courses, it is suggested that these courses be taken slowly over a longer period of time while taking other courses at the same time. We do not recommend taking more than two courses at the same time. Below is a suggested timeline for study with an expected time of completion of 16 to 18 months; however, students may determine the rate of study (and the order if desired).
- 1st trimester - take BIB501 (4 months) while taking THE520 (2 months) then THE521 (2 months)
- 2nd trimester - take BIB502 (4 months) while taking THE522 (2 months) then THE523 (2 months)
- 3rd trimester - take BIB503 (4 months) while taking THE524 (2 months) then THE525 (2 months)
- Finish with the Capstone project - CAP590 (4-6 months)
Textbooks and other resources are not included in the tuition prices. We do not require the purchase of any textbooks; however, it will be the responsibility of the student to secure the necessary resources to complete each course. While we would certainly encourage any Bible school student to begin developing a personal library of resources, we have made these courses with the intention that textbook costs be kept to a minimum. Also, many resources are available through public libraries and the internet without cost, so much so, that it may be possible for a student to complete this entire program without expense for resources.
It is important for the student to consider the quality of resources cited in coursework. All resources are not of the same quality academically. For the most part, resources should be both academic and scholarly if possible. For example, a quotation taken from a church website may be important to your point, but it should not be considered a primary resource for an assignment.
Before choosing your resources, ask yourself, "Is this resource primarily academic and scholarly?" If so, then it is probably a good choice. If you have questions about resources, let us know. We will be glad to help.
Any grade below 70% is considered a failing grade. Any assignment that is not passed with at least a 70% will require re-submission before the course is considered complete.
100.00 % 93.00 % A 92.99 % 90.00 % A- 89.99 % 87.00 % B+ 86.99 % 83.00 % B 82.99 % 80.00 % B- 79.99 % 77.00 % C+ 76.99 % 73.00 % C 72.99 % 70.00 % C-